We will award a minimum of eight scholarships in 2019. All are $1,000 awards. They are:
- MHS Alumni Association Scholarship and the General William Shelton scholarship to two outstanding students;
- Bennie Raine Scholarship;
- George and Doral Hopper Scholarship;
- MHS Music Vocal Scholarship;
- MHS Music Band Scholarship;
- Hoby and Anita Horn Scholarship;
- 70's Legacy Scholarship;
- and the Brent Gilson Memorial Leadership Scholarship.
Scholarship deadline date is Friday, December 14, 2018.
Applicant interviews will be conducted in February 2019. Interviews are casual and will last approximately 10 minutes. You will be notified via email and by phone to set up your appointment time. We will make every effort to accommodate those students with interview date conflicts.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE attended two years at MHS including senior year and also demonstrated positive student leadership at MHS. Some scholarships require a GPA of 3.0 or greater and some require that you must meet the eligibility requirements of the university, college or trade/vocational school you plan to attend.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE A SIX (6) SEMESTER TRANSCRIPT TO THE MHS COUNSELOR'S OFFICE (obtained from the registrar) by 3 p.m. on Friday, December 14th.